HSA opens the door to a new class of solutions that are difficult to achieve in historical architectures where inter-task/process communication is important across heterogeneous compute devices. In response to that challenge, HSA will address a broad class of approaches to application parallelism.
- Data Parallelism – Embarrassingly Parallel Application
This capability will open up more efficient implementations of MapReduce, Hash Tables, Sparse Matrix Vectors and Conjugate Gradients solvers, FETI-DP Method, List Ranking, and spatial search. Most important this is just a small sampling of problems that can be addressed by HSA enabled platforms.
Design, Create and Innovate a New Class of Applications, Tools, Libraries and Runtimes for HSA
The HSA Foundation developer program will offers a complete set of resources that will help you explore how heterogeneous system architectures can free you to drive a new level of innovation into your application.
- Developer may create and deliver a product using the publicly released specifications and technologies
- Use of any HSA Foundation trademark, including logos and the names of HSA specifications in text form is subject to the official HSA Foundation Trademark Guidelines.
- Access to the open developer code repository
- Current Published HSAIL Programmers Reference Guide
- HSA Public Documents and Videos
- Access to Public developer mailing List
- HSA Software Overview
- AFDS HSA Sessions
- Regional Developer Kitchens to explore heterogeneous computing and new tools, algorithms and solutions.
- Power of Beer – Regional Evening Social Event to blow off steam and talk current HSA tech.
- Watch here for posted calendar of events.